Who doesn't love avocados? With this recipe for grilled avocado halves with Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter, we've promoted it to BBQ star!
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2 lemons (1 juiced and 1 halved)
- 4 firm but ripe avocados
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes - diced
- 400g chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape out the seeds then cut into thick slices. Put the cucumber slices in a large bowl with the tomatoes and chickpeas. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar, and season.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone, and brush with olive oil all over. Season the flesh with salt and pepper, and put onto the grill. Try not to move them around whilst they cook, as you won’t get the nice clear char marks otherwise - just leave it for 2-3 minutes until the avocado releases itself from the grill.
- Add the lemon halves to the grill to char. Put the avocados onto a platter, squeeze over the burnt lemon, fill each half avocado with a generous tablespoon of the salad and a dollop of Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter.
- Serve with any remaining salad or flatbreads, and you're ready to eat!