Servings: 12 pancakes | Prep time: 15 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
These vegan pancakes are the ultimate weekend breakfast and take no time at all to make.
- 350g self raising flour
- 250ml Aquafaba
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil + more for frying
- 150ml milk of choice (We love almond or oat milk in this recipe, but all types of milk will work.)
- Favourite toppings… (fresh fruit, Yumello, maple syrup, melted chocolate...)
- Mix the flour, melted coconut oil and milk together in a large bowl. Blend until you have a nice, smooth batter.
- Whisk up your aquafaba in a bowl for 30 seconds until it’s frothy and add to the mixture.
- Rest the pancake batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a little coconut oil. Once melted, add a small ladleful of batter into the frying pan and smooth into a rough round with the back of the ladle.
- Wait until the base of the mixture sets and the top begins to bubble, then flip it over and cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Stack ‘em on up and drizzle your peanut butter topping on top and whatever else your heart desires!
- For the fluffiest of pancakes, leave the batter in the fridge for a couple of hours and stir it before using it.
- Keep your pancakes warm while you finish cooking by popping them into the oven preheated to around 60°C.
- Got extras? You can freeze pancakes! Heat them up in the microwave or a toaster.