They almost taste like an extra chocolaty brownie, crispy on the outside and fluffy (with a hint of brownie fudginess!) on the inside… The perfect waffle texture!
- 150g spelt flour
- 45g cocoa powder
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large free-range eggs (for vegan version use flax eggs)
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 380ml oat milk (or milk of choice)
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use a whisk to combine.
- Add the eggs, vegetable oil, and milk of choice, whisking well to get as smooth a batter as possible.
- Get your waffle machine ready. Once it’s hot, ladle in the batter mixture and seal, following the machine instructions until your waffles are cooked.
- When the waffle is done cooking, carefully place it on a wire rack to cool, taking care not to stack the waffles on top of each other. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with whatever takes your fancy!
TIPS... CRACKING COMBOS:
- Maple syrup, smooth peanut butter, icing sugar
- Avocado, smoky harissa peanut butter, lime, fresh coriander
- Pomegranate seeds, melted chocolate, chopped nuts
- Melted chocolate, vanilla-flavoured yoghurt, clementine