For the cookies:
- 100g butter
- 100g brown sugar
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 50g almond flour
For the ganache filling:
- 75g quality chocolate (use a mixture of milk and dark, if you like)
- 25g coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter and stir it until smooth.
- Sift in and fold through the flour and almond flour and stir to combine until a dough has formed.
- Shape the cookies by taking about a tablespoon of dough and rolling it into a ball.
- Place them on a greased baking sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers and use your thumb to press the centers of the cookies down.
- Then place in the hot oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes (make sure you don’t overdo them – the chewier the better).
- Take them out when they are starting to brown around the edges.
- Leave them on the baking tray to cool down.
- Make the ganache by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan or the microwave.
- Let your ganache sit and cool down a bit to thicken up before filling the cookies.
- Fill all of the cookies and allow them to sit flat until the ganache has set.
- The chocolate ganache centers are perfect for dressing up with all sorts of toppings, flaky sea salt, chopped nuts...