We have made a dessert for all the Choco-Peanut-Butter-holics out there!
A delicious chocolate peanut butter mousse that’s also vegan and even though it looks like a guilty pleasure you’ll be surprised to see that it’s actually healthy.
What you will need:
- 200g quality dark chocolate (chopped)
- 60g peanut butter
- 10 medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 400ml coconut or oat milk
- Toppings of choice
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter over a pan of gently simmering water until smooth, stirring occasionally (or gently melt in the microwave).
- Stir regularly until the ingredients have completely combined. Then turn off the heat and set aside.
- Add the dates to a food processor with the vanilla extract and milk of choice, and pulse for a few seconds to combine. Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then pulse again, until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate and peanut butter, and blend again until you get a runny consistency. It will set once you let it chill in the fridge.
- Then pour the mixture into 4 serving moulds or small glasses. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Drizzle with some melted peanut butter, grated chocolate to finish or chopped peanuts.
Top tip: You can infuse the milk of choice with orange peel for bonus flavour, if you like.