Easy, tasty and made with only 5 ingredients. Oh and they are freezer friendly too, so you can eat what you want and freeze the rest for later!
Makes: 50-60 pieces
Total time: 25 minutes
What you will need:
- 400g marshmallows
- 200g salted date peanut butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 150g peanuts (roughly chopped)
- 100g quality milk chocolate
- Melt the marshmallows, peanut butter and icing sugar in a pan over a medium heat.
- When the marshmallows start to melt, give everything a stir with a spatula. Stir regularly until the marshmallows have completely melted. It will look lumpy at first, but it will come together.
- Once it’s melted and well mixed, stir in the peanuts, then turn off the heat.
- Working quickly (before it sets), press into a lined 20cm x 20cm tin, and spread out evenly with a spatula. Leave to cool and set for 45 minutes..
- Once cooled, cut into 2–3cm squares to serve.
- Snap the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, roughly chop and then either melt over a pan of gently simmering water or in a microwave, stirring regularly.
- Dip the tops of the nougat into the chocolate. Allow excess to drip off, then turn over and place on a plate or tray to set.
- Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature. This will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container (if you can resist it for that long!).