Healthy, wholesome and gluten-free, these sweet potato 'toasts' make the perfect vehicle for your favourite sweet and savoury toppings. They don't taste like bread but we promise you won’t be missing sourdough! We’ve gone for a smokier, spicier avocado toast with our Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter, but they'd be delicious with almond butter and sliced bananas and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 1 large sweet potato
- Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter
- Half a ripe avocado
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 200° and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Slice off the ends of the sweet potato and cut it lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices. Take care here; you want the slices thin enough to cook quickly, but not so thin they can't hold their shape when you add toppings.
- Arrange the slices in a single layer on the baking sheet (no oil needed!) and bake until they're are tender and easily pierced with a fork, usually around 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with a generous layer of Smoky Harissa Peanut Butter on top.
- Mash your avocado with some salt and pepper and spread it on top. Add the chopped cherry tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon and enjoy!
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the fridge for up to a week. To reheat for breakfast, simply pop them in the toaster! They make for perfect meal prep, especially for those following gluten-free diets who want to enjoy their favourite toast toppings in the morning.