Looking for the ultimate chocolate peanut butter dessert? Then look no further. Warm, fudgy peanut butter molten chocolate cakes are a simple yet decadent dessert, have an irresistibly gooey salted date peanut butter centre and come together in minutes!
It turns into the most delicious melt in your mouth texture that any chocolate peanut butter lover will enjoy! These individual cakes make the perfect indulgent treat this Christmas, or any special occasion.
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 115g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs + 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g icing/powdered sugar
- 80g plain/all-purpose flour
- 200g salted date peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 220C Fan. Grease four ramekins, and place them on a baking tray.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
- Add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add the icing sugar and flour, and whisk until smooth and combined.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared ramekins.
- Add 2 heaped teaspoons of salted date peanut butter to the centre of each cake, pressing down gently to almost submerge.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm, and the centres are still soft and gooey.
- Carefully run a knife around the edges of each cake, then turn them out onto serving plates.
- Dust the warm cakes with cocoa powder and enjoy!
You can make these cakes in advance and heat them up for a few seconds in the microwave so the molten center warms up. Be careful not to microwave them for too long, as you don’t want to continue any baking.
If you’re a devout peanut butter lover, feel free to fill the cake with a heaping cup of salted date peanut butter. This will give you an extra melty center with loads of peanut butter lava.
Top tip: For the best results, use good quality 70% cocoa dark chocolate. Since the chocolate makes up a majority of the cake batter, it’s important to use a chocolate that tastes really good!