Some may say that you can't call a quesadilla a quesadilla when it's full of sweetness, and there is no cheese, but we're here to shake things up with this healthy dessert quesadilla! And we're not the only ones...
We're hopping on the foodie trend and trying out inventive quesadillas that are breaking the norm. Whilst the TikTok quesadilla fanatics are creating s'mores tortilla wraps and apple pie quesadillas; we've opted for a healthier (and vegan!) option).
Sure, this is a healthy dessert, and there's not a piece of dairy in sight, but you'll agree that this makes one heck of a sweet-tasting combination that will keep both kids and adults happy.
What tastes good in a dessert quesadilla?
Every now and then, we need a cheeky treat to satisfy our sweet cravings, and fruit is a perfect way to tick that box without the unnecessary refined sugar of usual desserts. Just make some tweaks, and you'll be able to make easy desserts with tortillas.
A delicious way to create a dessert quesadilla is to slice a banana and combine it with cinnamon, desiccated coconut and our tasty Salted Date Almond Butter. The natural sweetness of the dates complements the banana whilst providing a salty edge to the flavour. Stuff it all into a tortilla, melt it down, and... oops, we're drooling already!
Recipe: Healthy dessert quesadilla with banana & salted date almond butter
Ingredients (per tortilla):
- 1 x Tortilla
- 1 Tbsp. Salted Date Almond Butter
- ½ large banana, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle of desiccated coconut
- Cinnamon powder
- Optional: Cacao nibs if you want a hint of chocolate
- Spread half a tortilla with the almond butter.
- Top the almond butter with the banana slices. Sprinkle coconut and cinnamon according to your tastes.
- Fold the tortilla in half; cook in a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn it over once, until the the tortilla is golden brown.
- Drizzle extra almond butter over the top of your dessert quesadillas.
Yumello almond butter use the finest hi-oleic almonds and are golden roasted to coax out the epic flavours these little nuts contain. We blend them in small batches to create a real depth to the flavour and then add coconut, dates and a pinch of sea salt to make the most delicious flavoured almond butter in the UK.