If you're looking for a vegan dessert or snack packed full of flavour, you must try this Avocado & Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding recipe. It's also a brilliant way to use up any overripe avocados loitering at the back of your fridge - a tasty way to avoid food waste!
Avocado puddings shot to fame when Kourtney Kardashian created the healthy avocado dessert. It shocked the masses and grabbed everyone's attention as it was unheard of - avocado in a dessert? The world rioted.
Well, you may (or may not) be surprised to know that avocado has been used in sweet puddings for years, a long while before the Kardashians hit our headlines. Avocados are eaten as a dessert and used to make smoothies, ice cream and other sweet treats in many Asian and Portuguese-speaking countries such as Brazil.
We've been inspired by the tasty avocado puddings and have given them a decadent Yumello twist on them to increase the YUM factor.
Avocado & Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding
We love a recipe that is not only super quick and easy but is packed full of flavour and nutrients. This Avocado & Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding recipe contains around 5-8 ingredients (depending on how fancy you want it), and it takes 5 minutes to whip up. Not only is it a fast pudding to make, but the flavour and texture are next level.
How healthy is avocado pudding?
Avocados are delicious and nutritious fruit to get into your diet. They create a creamy base containing anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids and a ton of vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, B-6 and folate.
Avocado is also high in fibre and can promote better nutrient absorption and healthy metabolic functioning. It really is a fantastic fruit and can also be used to satisfy your sweet tooth. Everyone's a winner!
We paired the powerful nutrients of avocado with Yumello Peanut Butter to create a vegan pudding that's high in fibre to help fill you up and bring those energy levels.
How long does avocado and peanut butter pudding last in the fridge?
You can store this chocolate avocado pudding in the fridge for 3–5 days. Please keep it in an airtight container to avoid the pudding from spoiling.
Avocado & Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 43 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Yumello Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Desiccated coconut flakes or cacao nibs to garnish
- Yumello Salted Date Peanut Butter to drizzle on top
- Put all the ingredients in your blender cup or food processor. If using a blender, give the cup a shake before blending.
- Blend until smooth.
- You can eat straight away, but for best results, chill in a glass ramekin for about 20-minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a drizzle of flavoured peanut butter (we, of course, recommend our Salted Date Peanut Butter) and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut flakes or cacao nibs.