BANANA & BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Servings: Makes 12 pancakes | Total Time: 20 min
Fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside and flavoured with bananas, blueberries and vanilla... yum!
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 banana, mashed (over-ripe, the browner, the better!)
- 1/4 blueberries
- 2 large eggs (or 1 Tbsp. ground flax seeds mixed with 3 Tbsp. warm water for vegan version)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (for cooking)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Mash banana with almond milk before stirring in remaining ingredients. If you're using a flax egg instead of egg whites, allow the ground flax seeds and water to sit for 1-2 minutes before you add it into the mixture.
3. Whisk in the eggs, then add the vanilla extract and whisk until well blended. Pour the banana mixture into the flour mixture, then add the blueberries. Fold the batter gently with a spatula until just blended (do not over-mix).
4. Set non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Put one tablespoon coconut oil and swirl it around before pouring in batter.
5. Flip when ready and cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is puffed. Serve the pancakes while still hot! ;)