When life hands you lemons, take them back and demand bananas and strawberries, as we've got a delicious protein smoothie recipe you have to try! And it comes straight from a happy customer, Kyle Campbell of @suddenjourneys, who created this tall glass of yumminess. It caught our eye on Instagram, and we had to share it with you.
When it comes to getting your five-a-day, a smoothie can help you quickly fit them into your day. And the same goes for protein!
Anywhere from 10% to 35% of your calorie intake should come from protein, so it can sometimes be tricky to get in your allowance if you are a veggie or vegan. Adding a scoop of protein powder to your smoothie can help you stay on top of your protein intake.
Protein keeps you fuller for longer, helps repair and build your body's tissues, allows metabolic reactions to occur, and helps coordinate bodily functions. It's pretty important, so if you can add it to your daily smoothie, you're winning.
So let's dive straight into this creamy and filling protein smoothie - thanks so much for sharing, Kyle!
Strawberry, Banana & Salted Date Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 6 - 8 fresh (or frozen) strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 scoop of protein powder (vanilla or banana flavour)
- 2 cups of nut milk e.g. coconut, almond or cashew
- 1 Tbsp Yumello Salted Date Almond Butter
- A handful of ice
- 8 - 10 drops of vanilla stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of maple syrup or honey
- Strawberry jam
- Coconut cream
- Blend all the smoothie ingredients together.
- Drizzle the strawberry jam and coconut cream on the inside of the glass.
- Pour the smoothie mix into the glass.